The Certificate in Public Leadership (CPL) is specifically designed for all public officials, elected or appointed, and their staff. The courses are developed and conducted by faculty members of the George Washington University, Center for Excellence in Public Leadership. The CPL classes are offered in conjunction with iGO’s Annual Conference and Mid-Winter Conference as well as online. The classes are comprehensive, focusing on the core principles of public service.
- Ten (10) classes are required for completion of the CPL program
- In-person attendance at a minimum of five (5) classes either at the Annual Conference or Mid-Winter Conference with GWU instructors
- The remainder of the ten (10) required classes may be taken online
- Attendance for at least (1) Mid-Winter Conference & (2) Annual Conferences
- Attendance for the full three (3) hours of instruction for each class is required
- The current annual outline of scheduled classes is:
- Annual Conference = 2
- Fall online = 1
- Mid-Winter Conference = 2
- Spring online = 2
The program is open to iGO members. Class registration fee for iGO members is $100 per class. Classes may be taken in any order offered. Upon completion of all program requirements, a Certificate in Public Leadership will be provided by George Washington University and will be presented at the next annual conference.
Participation in the CPL program benefits public officials by providing a unique educational experience with timely topics and expert instruction, as well as offering the participant an opportunity to interact in the exchange of ideas and experiences with fellow public officials.
For further information contact the iGO Staff.